Monday, May 17, 2010

Iiiiii'm. movin' out.

What a great last week in Girrawheen. I was able to see all of my favorite people one last time along with all of the people that I've been teaching for 6 months. It was kinda hard saying goodbye to some people. It was weird. I'm sure I'll be seeing everyone again though. Last night we ate dinner at the Main's and the Berryman's were there which was so good because those are my two favorite families in this area. It was even hard to say bye to the Banucus. I've eaten there 23 out of the last 24 weeks, and even though I don't really care for the food, they're a really good family. Last night at the Main's was fun though. We had two really good New Zealand dishes, Chop Suey and Boil Up, and we followed it up with German Chocolate cake and some fun games. I took some videos of the games, just so that down the road I can teach everybody how to play, because writing about it in my journal just can't describe it fully enough lol.

I'm so excited for my new area. I don't know where it is, or who my new companion is going to be, but I'm looking forward to it either way. I probably only have a transfer or two left of being junior companion which is exciting. I'm ready to be senior just to see what it's like. There's a guy that came out at the same time as me that is training a new missionary this transfer, so hopefully I'm in those shoes in a couple of months. I think it would be a great experience.

What a blessing it is for me to be serving a mission right now. I owe everything to the Lord in helping me get out on a mission and I intend on showing Him that by be as diligent and hard working as I can for these next 18 months. And hopefully I'll be able to see the fruits of my labors. Alma 26:27, 31-33. I Love the sons of Mosiah.

Well I'm about out of time, gotta get going to transfer meeting!

Love you all! Thank you for all of your prayers, I couldn't do it without them!

Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment