Monday, August 16, 2010

Can winter really be ending already?

So this week the temperature has been in the 70's and 80's all week. I'm really worried that winter is going to end before it ever begins. It's been a crappy winter even by Australian standards. It has hardly rained at all and they say the normal is that is rains all through June, July and some of August....WRONG! I'm sure this means that we're just in for a drier and hotter summer this upcoming summer. And judging by last summer, if that happens we're all going to die of heat exhaustion and dehydration lol.

This week has been alright. There's always room for improvement though. Well plus I've been sick since Wednesday, so it's been hard to do anything. We had to to cancel a couple of appointments because I was feeling so "under the weather" (ha, I don't think that expression really applies in Australia). I think it's the flu or something. I got a blessing yesterday after church, so hopefully this doesn't last too much longer.

There's been a lot of confusion with Trent this week too. Last week Bishop Morganti told us that he already was a member, but then we talked to his mom and she said that he was never baptised, he was just blessed as a baby, so i don't know if that puts your name in the records or not. But I guess it does. Anyways, we're going to have a talk with bishop and hopefully we can get both parties on the same page with this one.

Oh yeah, I guess the most important news this week is that I'm getting transferred! We found out on Saturday night that Elder Hunt and I are getting doubled out of the area and they're going to leave this area empty for a transfer. President Cahoon called me after we got off the phone with the Zone Leaders and told me that I'm going to be a senior companion next transfer as well so I'm pretty excited about that. I'm hoping that I can set a good example for whoever my junior companion is and that I'll be someone he can look up to in the mission as someone who does what's right. Oh, and hopefully I get transferred farther than 3kms down the road as well. I wanna see the country!

Well that's it for this week. I'm sure the countdown to OU kickoff has begun. Cheer for me.

Much love,
Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment