Monday, February 22, 2010

And thus begins weeks 13-18 in Girrawheen!

Transfers finally happened. And Glover left just like we both knew he would. But this day has been so different than a regular transfer. We got a call from the APs yesterday saying that they were going to pick us up at 6am and Glover needed to pack his bags and put all of his necessities in one bag and make sure it weighed less than 50 pounds. So this morning we woke up at 5 o clock, got ready, and then the APs rolled up at 6:05 and we drove to the airport. Glover got sent to Port Hedland. It's about a 2 hour flight from here if that gives you an idea of how far away it is. Look it up on a map. He was so excited to go though. It was just what he wanted. A fresh start, away from other missionaries, in a completely new place and with a companion he doesn't know. It was kinda hard to say goodbye just cause he was my first companion and he really was great. So after that the APs and I drove to the mission office and they went into meetings and I sat around for about 4 and a half hours. I was so bored, and too tired to do any studying or reading since I woke up so early. So that part of my day sucked.
Transfer meeting started at 1 and lasted til about 2:30. It was nice to have an extra meeting with President Maurer that we don't usually have. Got me excited for this transfer. I want to see some of our families get baptized so badly before I go. But that could be another 6-12 weeks, so hopefully it happens in that time. My new companions name is Elder Richards. He seems like a real nice guy, but I haven't really gotten to talk to him a whole lot yet. He's from New Zealand which is pretty cool. It will be weird to not have a companion from America I think, but fun at the same time. Maybe I'll pick up on more lingo being with him. He says he's ready to work and get someone baptized too, so that's way good. I'll try to include a picture of him in my email next week.
This past week was good. We actually went on exchanges with the APs on Saturday and they taught me quite a bit. Those guys are such great missionaries. I want that to be me some day. We set a baptismal date for the Sumo family (not Shumo like we previously thought), and hopefully we'll be able to get them baptized on the 6th of March. Wow, I can't believe it's almost March already. Nothing else really exciting happened this week though. Since Elder Glover pretty much already knew that he was going to be leaving we didn't do a whole lot for the last half of the week. But we still had a better week than last week, that's for sure.
Tonight I'm eating Kangaroo meat for the first time. That should be an exciting experience, especially since I'm making it myself. I saw it at the store and had to buy it. I'll probably make it into some spaghetti or something. Mmmmm, should be good.
Hope you all have a great week. Stay out of Satan's gravitational pull. The closer you come to it, the harder it is to get away from it. The closer you get to Christ's gravitational pull the harder it is for Satan to get a hold of you, (I used some Physics in a lesson I taught this week), THAT'S DOCTRINE!!!
Love you guys!
Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment